Getting started with Project Austin

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hello there,

I am excited about Project Austin and setting up my laptop with all the requred tools to get started. I am hoping this project can be built on win7. I am facing couple of issues and I am nowhere near start.

My OS is Win7 (64 bit), have installed VS2012 express. WHen i launch the journal.sln solution i get the following error,

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(1810,3): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v11.0\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Cpp.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

baja is loaded but not the journal.vcxproj.  WHen i try to reload journal.vxproj the above mentioned error is seen. How to overcome this error?. (i dont see WindowsXaml folder in my laptop. why?)

Problem 2: WHen i try to build only baja i get the following warning

1>  transition_tracking_service.cpp. Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results

I see the above mentiond warning inspite of adding boost 1.47 under view->Property Pages ->VC++ directories -> Include Directories.

Please help me out. How to overcome these issues. I am new to windows app development and need guidance.

Thanks a lot.

Sanjeev

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hi Sanjeev,

Unfortunately, the Austin project cannot be run or built except on Windows 8. The process of building and running it requires OS support that does not exist on Windows 7 or priors versions of the OS.

thank you,

George Mileka